Monday, December 29, 2014

Bringing honey back to life

Did you know that honey doesn't go bad? Years ago, I didn't know that and I threw out a perfectly good jar of honey just because it started to crystallize.  Being a food blogger and constantly researching food, I figured out how to solve that problem.  I also save money by purchasing larger jars of honey at a better deal, knowing that I can use it for a long time.

With the temperature dropping, I have been drinking more hot tea to keep warm.  I love to add honey to my tea.  My large jar started to crystallize, so here is what I did.

Take your jar of honey and put it in a pot of water.  Turn on the stove to low to medium heat.
The key here is low and slow.





Keep it going for about 20-40 minutes.  Mine here took about 20 minutes.
When the honey has returned to its original consistency, it's done!
Take it out of the pot and let cool on the counter.





No comments:

Post a Comment